I love to work on commission pieces in collaboration with clients. Above are a few examples of commissions I have done in the past, as well as some of the sketches included in the process described below.
How the commission process works:
- You can contact me using the form below to initially give me an idea of what you are looking for.
- I will get back in touch to discuss subject matter, any colours you have in mind and size, as well as any previous work you like for reference. You are welcome to come and visit me in my studio to discuss things too.
- I will then produce a visual document with compositional sketches and colour ideas for you to comment on.
- Once everything is approved I will begin the commission. From there I can show you the picture in progress if you wish or you can just get a surprise when it is finished.
- You should leave about a 3 months turnaround for this process from start to finish, but could be shorter depending on my workload.
Pricing for a few typical sizes, but I can work to most sizes:
24 x 30cm – £200
30 x 40cm – £240
40 x 50cm – £300
50 x 60cm – £340
120 x 50cm – £460
75 x 100cm – £480
These prices are for an oil painting on wooden panel, with a depth of 38mm. The sides of the panel will be painted white so it does not need to be framed. If you would like a frame, I can give you an estimate price depending on the type of frame you’d like, just contact me through the form below with your ideas. Prices do not include shipping (if required).
Spending much of our time away from our beloved Newburgh with its sand dunes, sea, river, estuary and wildlife, we wanted to bring a touch of the Northeast to southern England.
After several discussions with Jane it was obvious she could capture the spirit of the area in the way we wanted.
We had a poorly lit stairwell which begged for life. A search of the multiple sunset photos we have around Newburgh brought us to one of footsteps in the sand and the sun setting low to the south of the estuary mouth.
My wife and I walk there often and take selfies there. We asked if Jane could superimpose us as the creators of those footsteps.
The result was far beyond our hopes. She brightened the sea and sky to make the setting more suited to our darker stairwell. She asked for photos of us to get our relative sizes correct and put us where we love to be. Hand in hand walking on our paradise beach.
The painting brings us joy every time we go up or downstairs and calls back so many wonderful memories of the lovely Newburgh.
Thank you bringing to life the stairwell and bridging the Northeast to Southeast for us Jane! Pete & Cenira, Dec 2020
I opened the painting in the best light at home, no one was home, and it just made me smile, and brought happiness. You have captured everything we experience every time we walk the beach, truly stunning. Richard, Nov 2020
Please fill out the application below: